Bleach, oven cleaners, and other cleaning agents can harm an unborn baby. You should limit your use of these chemicals and take protective measures when you use them. Until your baby is born, you might want to consider having someone else takeover any house cleaning that requires toxic substances.
Is it safe to use Clorox while pregnant?
Yes, you and your pregnant wife can continue to use Clorox® Regular Bleach2 to clean, whiten and disinfect your clothes as well as disinfect areas around the house.
What cleaning products should I avoid while pregnant?
Best and Worst Products
- Avoid cleaning products with glycol ethers. …
- Try to avoid products that contain phthalates. …
- Maybe try to avoid parabens. …
- Make your own super-simple cleaning products. …
- Look up cleaning products on the EWG (Environmental Working Group) website. …
- Avoid spray and aerosol cleaners when possible.
What can bleach do to a baby?
small droplets that can be inhaled into the lungs by the staff and children. Children are at greater risk from breathing bleach vapors because their lungs are still developing. Bleach can irritate the skin and eyes.
Can bleach cause birth defects?
Bleach is a common cleaner that most of us have used at one point or another. The active ingredient is sodium hypochlorite, a form of chlorine. Chlorine and chlorinated disinfectants have not been shown to increase the risk of birth defects.
What can I use to clean while pregnant?
The Best Home Cleaning Products to Use During Pregnancy
- Best Dishwasher Detergent : Seventh Generation Fragrance Free Dishwasher Detergent Packs.
- Best Toilet Bowl Cleaner : GO by Greenshield Organic Toilet Bowl Cleaner.
- Best Wood Cleaner : Truce Wood Cleaner.
- Best Cleaning Wipes : Babyganics All Purpose Surface Wipes.
Can you use hand sanitizer while pregnant?
The bottom line? Hand sanitizer is a safe and effective option while on the go, however, at home, soap and water are the top choice to make sure hands are clean and germs don’t spread. Soap and water is much gentler on the skin and is also very safe for pregnant women.
Is Clorox toxic to babies?
Using Bleach-Water Safely in Child Care
Bleach-water solution is poisonous and can be dangerous to children. Keep children safe from accidental poisoning with these simple tips: Clean objects and surfaces when children are not around, or place them out of children’s reach while they dry.
Is Clorox smell bad for babies?
Previous studies have also linked cleaning products to respiratory health issues in children. This may be because inhaling fumes from bleach can damage the trachea, Casas said.